Thursday 9 January 2014

Possible Additions to my Space Wolves Army

Greetings, Aseldi here with a brief post with some additional content which didn't really fit in the last one.

Njal, despite being the first Space Wolf model was only glued together and used for the first time last Friday at the GW lock in. From that experience, he is great fun to field. While no where near as potent as he should be, I love his lore, and the Lord of Tempest rule is great fun. Currently, I'm working a list around having him deploy by drop pod with some Wolf Guard.


I've also been looking into adding Cypher to my force. My idea behind this would be that Cypher's ultimate show of defiance against the Dark Angels would be siding with their rivals. Considering my first army was also the Dark Angels, it's got quite a personal touch to it too, and I've always loved him as a character. His rules are also pretty awesome judging by a glance, which is a bonus!


All in all though, I'm holding off adding much to my Space Wolves until the get their update, which judging by certain rumours, and the GW's current pattern, shouldn't be too long.

-Aseldi

2 comments:

  1. What about different Heavy Support choices for Space Wolves, I've had success with two Relic Whirlwind Scorpius and a Whirlwind Hyperios?

    It seems that everyone is taking a flyer in their lists these days and the Hyperios is an excellent choice for taking them down, the Scorpius is an infantry killer and the D3 +1 shots is nothing to be sneesed at

    Have you thought of putting Cypher in with Wolf Guard Gunslingers, twin Plasma Pistols on the WG? Have a Rune Priest nearby to cast Prescience and lay waste to the closest unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess, I've never actually made use of any of the Forgeworld units, so those units are unknown to me. On the topic of other heavy support choices, I've always been rather disappointed with tanks whenever I've made use of them, though I probably have abysmal rolling to thank for that.

    It would also seem that in the local meta here, flyers aren't the must take they normally are. In all the games I've played recently, not one army has used a flyer. Whilst this is probably sheer luck, I still find that without the use of Forgeworld, it is worthwhile just focusing on objectives.

    And that idea with Cypher is probably the best thing I've ever heard! Thank you! I really must try that out! :D

    ReplyDelete