Wednesday 15 January 2014

Some Kill Team

Hello all! Today I played my first Kill Team ever with the new rules against my brother.

 We both found the game really fun, short and sweet. We used Lego for scenery, which worked worryingly well. 

The problems with it were that it did become a little formulaic; move forward, shoot, move forward, shoot. Though this could be down to the relatively sparse scenery, mission (number 3, kill the leader one) , it being our first game of this type, or maybe even that it was Blood Angels Vs Space Wolves. Time will tell I guess.

There's plenty of scope for army choice, on this case I used:

TROOPS:
Grey Hunter Pack (10) - 165pts
-flamer
-plasma
-Mark of the Wulfen

ELITES:
Lone Wolf - 35pts
-Mark of the Wulfen

It worked well. And MotW slaughtered my brother's commander, a mere sergeant.

So what I hope for in the future with Kill Team is to make the battlefield interesting with more intricate scenery, and try more exciting lists. Thumbs up from me,

-Aseldi

2 comments:

  1. Flamer & Plasma? Why not a a Melta-gun, one less shot but a definite kill in the majority of cases. I always see Plasma as a double edged sword, cutting both ways and its the possibility of a self inflected wound and loss of a model that makes me think that a Flamer or a Melta-gun is so much better.

    How do you think your Kill Team would go against something nasty from Eldar or Dark Eldar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, might give it a go at some point. The problem I have with melta though, is the fact that I always miss. Always. Possible slight exaggeration, but the extra shot the majority of the time with plasma helps a lot with me, and the chance of killing it's user, whilst a detriment to the victory objective, I always find rather amusing.

      Whether it would work against those armies, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I played against DE, I'll see if my friend is up for a game soon (though we're mostly into MTG atm) and eldar... There's a voice screening in my head that they're op, from experience... So I'm actually afraid a guardian spam might even beat this.

      Delete