Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rune Priest Conversion

Hello again, Aseldi here once more. This time, I'm here with the intention of explaining how I made the Rune Priest.


Pretty simple conversion really, and a definite money saver giving better results than the bought model in my opinion!!
The picture taken at Warhammer World.

First I took a Chaos Warrior cloak, and the front and legs of a normal Space Wolf. The sides of the body front had to be quite heavily cut to fit between the cloak's shoulders, then filled the remaining gaps with blu-tac (AMAZING MODELLING TOOL BY THE WAY! It also is now holding on my Wolf Guard's arms on, so I can keep them as flexible as possible, both in posing and arming), but modelling putty would probably work better, if you have it, and then stuck the body and legs together on the cloak.

Then it was a matter of finding a suitable weapon. I wanted it to be a Force Staff, so clearly the biggest stick in my bitz box would have to do: the Chaos Knight lance! I had to cut it off just to the elbow, then sick it onto the cloak. The same was also done with a bolt pistol.

And then the head was stuck on. Pretty simple really, and with a totally badass Rune Priest to finish!








-Aseldi

No comments:

Post a Comment