Tuesday 16 July 2013

Running Low on Cash? Conversions Ahoy!

Greetings! Aseldi here, and today I'm going to discuss my favourite aspect of converting, the money saving. It sounds like a massive cheap skate comment, which it is, but it's what motivates me to do them for the most part.

Take the Rune Priest I made for Conflict Scotland for example.  I was running low on time before the competition, and had no money to spare on one of the Games Workshop ones. Also, I'm not massively taken by the models they offer.

I'm sure you all keep a bitz box of the spare parts you haven't used (if not, DO IT! It's one of the most important parts of modelling), and in there hundreds of apparently defunct parts reside.  By looking closely, and using the right parts, it's easily possible to create a completely badass looking model for virtually no cost, and that model is unique to you!

A short post, but vaguely relevant during these economically unstable times.

-Aseldi

No comments:

Post a Comment