Sunday 9 June 2013

1250pts Space Wolf Army List - Conflict Scotland

Ok, so here's the list I'm taking to Nottingham on July 1st for Conflict Scotland.  I haven't designed it with power in mind, for a couple of reasons. One being I don't actually have a very large collection of Space Wolves, so I need to make use of everything I have just to make the points, and it all needs to be painted, a feat I have never achieved.

Anyway, so to the list!

HQ:
Rune Priest - 120pts
-Runic armour


TROOPS:
Grey Hunter Pack (10) - 220pts
(Rhino)
-plasma gun
-plasma gun
-Wolf Standard
-Mark of the Wulfen

Grey Hunter Pack (10) - 235pts
(Rhino)
-plasma gun
-flamer
-power fist
-Wolf Standard
-Mark of the Wulfen

ELITES:
Wolf Guard Pack (5) - 270pts
(Drop Pod)
-5x terminator armour
-combi-plasma, wolf calw
-combi-plasma, wolf calw
-assault cannon
-combi-melta, power fist
-combi-melta

FAST ATTACK:
Thunderwolf Cavalry - 265pts
-3x storm shields

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Longs Fangs Pack - 140pts
-5x missile launcher

So the idea with this is that it's rather balanced across he FOC, with something in every slot.

The Rune Priest, depending on the opponent, will either be staying back with the Long Fangs, using Divination powers, or up front, with JotWW making a mess of monstrous creatures.

The Grey Hunter packs will be going for the objectives, with the Rhinos, if they survive this long, blocking vision and charges.

The Thunderwolves will probably be charging towards the biggest, scariest enemy unit available, possibly even with a first turn charge, as we don't want these guys out in the middle of nowhere getting shot to pieces, which is bound to be what the enemy will try to do. Cover will be used to my advantage too, since they can charge through it with little debuff other than the dangerous terrain test.

The Wolf Guard, the surprise unit. Basically, with them automatically arriving first go, they will land where they can back up the rest of the army. I can see this usually being near the TWC, as the combi-meltas have a good chance of popping an enemy Land Raider, or similar heavy vehicle.


Cons about this list are mainly the lack of anti-air. But it is a Space Wolf list after all, so it's not as if we can do much anyway. And with the smaller size of the game, and my general dislike of the allies function, I didn't want to turn to that. I suppose if things become desperate, I can use the Long Fangs, with rerolls to hit from the Rune Priest, to try and take down those fliers.

Other than that, I'm pretty pleased with it. Like I said, not built around power, but should be good fun to play!
As always, post your comments in the section below.

-Aseldi

No comments:

Post a Comment